Hope that this week has started off on a positive and a more-than-kind note for you! 🙂
Today’s post is an update on my blogging journey. It has been a little more than two months (around two weeks less to three months!) since I began this blog. This post is a bit like my last blog update post (it can also consist of some tested blogging advice), the one which describes my experiences throughout my first month of blogging. If you haven’t read that one already, do so here!
Irrespective of everything I have experienced on this exciting journey, let me start off by telling you all that my blogging journey has been amazing so far and it continues to make me happy! Blogging has given me a reason to look forward to every single day. It has been made all the more exciting and like-able, thanks to all you lovely and supportive bloggers out here!
Coming back to the update, most of June and half of July was spent thinking over the following questions which every blogger encounters;
- Should I get my blog self-hosted? If yes, which hosting platform should I opt for?
- Content generation and content promotion! (Most important – as it is quality, consistent content that will get readers interested in any blog.)
- Should I commit to a blog challenge?
- How often should I write down a blog post?
- Is there any way to make my blog more appealing by using another theme, opting for better pictures, getting my own ones, better lettering, etc?
The answers to some of which I am sure I will receive with time and further blogging experience!
I feel privileged that during this month, I received tons of helpful blogging advice and tips from many bloggers running their blogs successfully. I admit that I did post a lesser number of blog posts during this last month because I was a little preoccupied with a lot of issues related to my blog and gathering this wealth of information! 🙂
This month I started off by establishing a social media existence for my blog namely; a Facebook page for this blog – ‘Pooja’s rose tinted glasses‘ and an Instagram handle – life_rosetinted! Make sure that you check these out by clicking on the links above and follow me if you are interested! 🙂
Amidst all this, some striking things that I learnt during this period are as follows:
- The importance of a blog schedule: Consistent and planned content generation is important which is where scheduling what goes up on your blog when is so important.
- The importance of finding your tribe: Your tribe consists of the people who love reading what you share and would love to engage with your content. It is extremely important to think over the ideal person who you feel will be interested in your blog. This helps create and craft specific targeted content.
- Be you to keep your blog running successfully: Your tribe loves to engage in your posts because of you and your content so give them more of that. Being original gives your blog quality audience.
- It is okay to run out of ideas only to be so full of them the next second: No explaining needed for this one!
- Quality over quantity: Writing down one post containing well structured quality content is always better than writing down five okay ones!
Another thing I have realized is that setting down some goals will help take my blog another valuable step ahead than where it stands at the end of each month! I have thus decided to go slow and break down bigger goals into smaller ones to have steady progress (as it doesn’t make sense to simply set big monthly goals – might just stress me out!) So some of my do-able goals for the coming month are;
- Learning and creating at least one useful printable (freebie)!
- Treating my blog as an important business.
- Structuring quality content.
- Increasing my engagement with other bloggers.
- Look up on guest posting and decide if I should go for it.
I hope to achieve these goals successfully and set new ones in the next update post! 🙂 Wish me luck!
Another thing – I would love to know what goals you are setting for your blog(s), social media accounts etc. and what actions are you taking to achieve them. Would probably help me know a lot more about your blogging journey and blogging in general! Let us all inspire and motivate each other to blog better and grow as better bloggers! 🙂
Wish you a fantastic day! Love, Pooja. 🙂